Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Banner!

Hello Internet.

I've been expecting you.

Just thought I'd post a quick thank you to my good friend Jon - also known as The Crimson Arrow (yeah I know) - for drawing me a new banner. By new, I really mean that I didn't have one at all before. It was just an empty cavity in which I poured my own imaginary pictures, envisioning banners that could stop world hunger, cure disease and stop Sofia Coppola from making films. These were all pipe dreams, however, and I eventually resigned myself to the fact that no banner would ever allow me to watch her in the shower.

I turned, instead, to Jon. Here's how it went down:


Me: Hey Jon! Man, we're such good friends. It sure would be a shame if that were to end.

Jon: What do you mean? And why are you holding a screwdriver?

Me: I need to chop some firewood. Listen, about this banner business...ha. That's kind of funny. Banner business. It's alliterative and ambiguous. I could be talking about Bruce Banner and you'd have no idea what I was talking about.

Jon: Why would you be talking about Bruce Banner?

Me: That's Dr. Banner to you.

Jon: Why are you still talking to me?

Me: Because we're friends, Jon. And friends help each other out.

Jon: So, you want to talk about the Incredible Hulk?

Me: That's ridiculous. You're just being ridiculous now. Why are you being ridiculous?

Jon: ...what?

Me: Just draw me my fucking banner or I'll chisel the shit out of your face with this screwdriver.

Something like that happened. I'm not really sure.

But if you like banners and drawings and other fun things, you'll love Jon's blog and you should totally follow him.

Goodbye Internet.

I've been expecting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment